Wednesday 5 February 2014

Chia-rific

Lately my housemate and I have gotten into chia seeds, they're great! In case you don't know what chia seeds are they're these seeds that are packed with fiber, protein and the good omegas. I've been throwing them in my coffee but there are a plethora of ways to enjoy them. So if you have any tips on how to use chia seeds, I'm all ears!

This week has become very active, last night I went to a book reading of a friends mom's book. The book seems fairly interesting and like it could be a good potential read. Tomorrow I'm going to my very first spin class with a new friend. The last time I rode a bike was probably when I was 15 and I rarely use the bikes at the gym so this will be a really interesting new experience. And on Saturday I'm going skiing with some friends. I haven't skied in almost 2 years so I'm really excited and really nervous. Hopefully skiing is just like riding a bicycle and you truly never forget. I'll let you know if I hit any trees…

I've also recently taken up doing digestive yoga some nights after I eat, you know to just get everything flowin…
Here's the link if you want to try, the breathing exercises are kind of funny:
http://www.doyogawithme.com/content/yoga-digestion-quickie

So far my 30 days of self-love have been going fairly well, here's day 2-7:
Day 2: my ears, because they're tiny and small and I can rock both big earrings or small
Day 3: My adventurous personality, I love how I'm always open to new and different things
Day 4: My laugh, I love the way it changes based on what I'm laughing about and who with
Day 5: my legs, I've run for years and as a result I have strong legs that can take me anywhere
Day 6: My eyebrows, I love that I thick full ones, with great shape. I feel that they really define my face.

Day 7: My ability laugh at myself, I don't take myself super seriously, which makes it easier for me to bounce back after a downturn 

Blogger love!

2 comments: