Sunday 29 September 2013

Ladies Retreat


This weekend I went on a women's retreat to Lake Chelan. Twenty of us made the journey from Western to Eastern Washington. The drive up was dreary as we wound our way through the mountains; however through the rain we could see the beautiful lakes and mountains that make up the Washington scenery. On our way up we saw signs warning us about both deer and big horned sheep. I personally have never seen a big horn sheep but I certainly would never want to run into one...

Unfortunately the misty weather followed us to Lake Chelan, we were going to take a sea plane to this isolated peninsula at the northern end of the lake; however due to the weather the plane trip was cancelled :( So instead a group of us went on a wine tasting; we hit 5 different wineries in a period of five hours. I have never been wine tasting before so this was a phenomenal experience. We tried many different reds and whites and our servings ranged from minuscule to overly generous. My favorite wines came from Benson winery; you should check out Curious, Rhythm and Sangiovese. They are all delicious and worth trying!

On that note I'm going to leave off with some pictures from this weekend and continue to enjoy my spicy hot chocolate and Beyonce's album 4

<3









No comments:

Post a Comment