Friday 13 September 2013

Life Updates

Hello Friends,


Sorry its been so long, I've been super busy with work and other shenanigans. Over the past few weeks I've had some milestones. I'm approaching my third month at work (Yikes!) and because its my third month I have a performance review next week (double yikes!) Some other milestones, about a month ago I turned 22, which I suppose makes me a real adult now because I'm officially done with college and I'm no longer in the carefree days of being a 21 year old college senior (wah :( ) But regardless of age I'll always be a child at heart :)

I've also been in my apartment for about a month now and without further to do here are some photos of it:


Sorry my room is a little messy, but lets get real who actually has time to make their bed? The apartment is a little tiny and with all of our stuff, its been looking a little cluttered so if anyone has any tips on how to improve our fung shaui (spelling?) feel free to hit me up :)

Some other fun things, I've recently opened a library card, since I'm a Seattle resident I finally can do it. In YP we're not allowed to use the library because we decided not to pay the taxes (way to fight literacy YP). I got a little overly excited about having a library card since I haven't had a library card in about 10 years ( I incurred too many fines at my library in Chicago...whoops) I placed 35 books on hold thinking that they'd take awhile to come in... I got an email notice saying I had 19 books on hold at the library; I looked like a fool making this trip:
Thank God for Lulu lemon shopping bags; they really do hold a lot. I'm currently trying to get through all 19 of them before I have to return them; so far I'm on my 3rd book so I think I'm making ok progress. I'm also open to book suggestions so if you have any feel free to comment! :)

Over Labor day weekend my friend from school was in visiting from DC; they're going to graduate school in London (what a show-off) this fall and they came to say good-bye to all of their college buddies. One of the adventures we went on was going on the Seattle Great Wheel.  I'm generally ok with heights and I enjoy roller coasters but for some reasons ferris wheels terrify me. I think it has to do with being stuck in a capsule and slowly moving in the air; I am not a fan. Anyway I made it through the 4 spins that come with your $15 ticket; it got a little easier as the rounds went on but I was definitely scared the entire time.

On a positive from where the wheel is located you get a great view of the city and the water; here's my super hip Instagram photo:

If your not as big of a wuss as me I definitely recommend it.

Anyways that's about it; thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment