Monday 29 July 2013

Good ol' King County Transit

So as cost-efficient working gal I commute every day by the bus. Since I haven't moved out of my parents place yet, I take the bus from the Eastside to the Westside. And I must say that I'm pretty impressed with the bus, maybe its my location but there are always buses running past my house, so even if I'm running a few minutes late (which is often) I can still manage to hop on a bus and make it to work in the nick of time.

After growing up in Chicago (fun fact I lived in Chicago up until I was 20), I was used to well for lack of better word, scary public transit. The CTA was always slightly intimidating, the L always smelled slightly funny and there was always that one person who just kind of looked shady. I would almost never take the CTA by myself and if you do the rule is always head down and don't make eye contact.

Comparatively in Seattle, the public transit is fairly efficient and I feel that its fairly safe. There is still that one odd person but the majority of the time I'm surrounded by business people like myself. Although there is always a faint smell of a true granola, I guess it wouldn't be Seattle without it. Suffice to say I've been very impressed with the King County Transit Authority and I just wanted to give them a little praise.

On a different note, I skyped with a friend of mine who is studying abroad in New Zealand, it was FANTASTIC to see her smiling face, and I hope to see it many more times!! Hopefully with some better internet next time :)

Blogger Love

No comments:

Post a Comment